Child Sponsorship Coordinator (Full-time)
Child Sponsorship Coordinators are responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions related to facilitating relationships between Horizon and the children we serve and a number of constituencies including: child sponsors, child sponsor advocates, partner churches and organizations, volunteers, and African partners.
- Process new child profiles
- Maintain child records in organizational database, ensuring all required documentation has been provided, checked for accuracy, and updated
- Mail introductory packets to new sponsors
- Ensure timely completion of major projects (i.e. annual progress reports, photos, and correspondence)
- Build strong working relationships, both internal and external to the organization
- Respond to child sponsorship inquiries in a timely manner
- Work with African partners to maintain a pool of children eligible for sponsorship
- Communicate with African partners regarding issues relating to children and/or their sponsors
- Prepare queries and reports to ensure the Child Sponsorship department runs efficiently
- Assist with major projects, i.e. annual progress reports and photos, child and sponsor correspondence, etc.
- Provide leadership, direction, and continued development of the Child Advocate program
- Provide leadership and direction to child sponsorship volunteers
- Help to represent Horizon before churches, civic groups, etc. on a limited, as needed basis
- Participate in the development of strategies that will promote growth for the child sponsorship ministry
- Participate in the creation of new or revised goals and objectives for the Child Sponsorship department
- Keep the Chief Operating Officer apprised of any situations that requires special attention
- Assist with other needs in the organization as necessary
- Active growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented and flexible
- Ability to build relationships
- Excellent computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or relational database software highly desirable
- Minimum of two years office, clerical, or related experience. Supervisory or management experience a plus
- High school diploma/GED required; some college preferred
- Standard office environment
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking up to 8 hours per day
- Significant computer usage
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be required
Accepting resume´s until filled. Interviews to be scheduled as soon as possible. Ideal start date right after Labor Day.
NO calls please.