1 Current Opening
Horizon International – Director of Child Sponsorship
Horizon International is a non-profit Christian relief and development organization
dedicated to creating a world of hope for orphans affected by AIDS.
This is a full time, salaried position. Hours required are 40+ per week. Required travel is 30 days traveling with an African Children’s Choir as they tour the United States. Other travel is to be determined. Position reports to the President of Horizon International and works with the entire Horizon team.
More than 2,700 children are sponsored in Africa through Horizon International. For both the sponsor and the child this is a unique relationship that is often life changing, which the US Child Sponsorship Team facilitates. The Director of Child Sponsorship is responsible to lead the strategy for the Team, and ensure that both the communication to sponsors and the administrative processes are excellent. S/he seeks tangible ways to improve the program, enhance the sponsor’s experience, and increase the impact in Ethiopia, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, & Zimbabwe. Through regular communication with our African Partners, the Director of Child Sponsorship will inspire camaraderie between the US and African Centers. S/he will instill confidence in child sponsors as well by providing intentional sponsor services that exceed expectations. In everything that we do as an organization, we seek to offer a personal experience and be good financial stewards, resulting in the empowerment of the orphan.
Child Sponsorship Team Overview:
Horizon International exists to create a world of hope one child at a time, as we:
- Advocate for children in the five countries in which Horizon serves; Ethiopia, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Build trust between Sponsors, Horizon International, and Horizon|African Partners.
- Provide outstanding sponsor support by fielding questions and/or concerns, and collaborating with US/African teams to improve the sponsor experience
- To connect, build, and partner with churches, organizations, and conferences
- To audit and assess the African Centers; to provide development tools to effectively facilitate relationships
- Communicate major changes that affect individual sponsored children (i.e. change in living situation, death of child, no longer able to be in the program)
- Supervise, manage, and evaluate the Child Sponsorship Coordinator, Child Sponsorship Assistant, and Partner Liaison
- Oversee, Facilitate, and Guide the Orphan Sunday initiative
- Review and Adapt Child Sponsorship Policies as necessary
- Collaborate with Global Outreach Director to link GO Teams and Child Sponsorship together in an effective and coordinated manner
- Actively participate on the Horizon Leadership Team
- Identify on-going staffing needs to Horizon’s Leadership Team
- Communicate regularly with African Centers
- Work in partnership with African Centers to improve the programs
- Be a good steward of organizational integrity
- Collaborate with the Field Team Developer to ensure successful U.S. Choir Tours
- Oversee preparations of the Child Sponsorship Team for choir tours, and other related events, and serve as a choir tour participant
- Advocate and Collaborate for Horizon through Horizon International’s Social Media Accounts
- Provide documentation for African Partners to ensure consistent adherence to policies and procedures to eliminate reporting consistencies
- Direct and oversee the activities of the Child Sponsorship Team
- Develop strategies that will promote the growth of the Child Sponsorship Team and it’s ministry
- Develop goals and objectives for the Child Sponsorship Team
- Communicate departmental goals and objectives with the Child Sponsorship Team and monitor progress to ensure goals and objectives are on track
- Train the Child Sponsorship Team on child sponsorship policies and procedures
- Assess additional training needs for the Child Sponsorship Team
- Ensure that the Child Sponsorship Team has the necessary information and tools that team members need to perform their task
- Build strong working relationships, both internal and external to the organization
- Child Sponsors – Ensure their continued commitment to ministry
- and African Partners – Develop an environment with open communication that fosters respect and trust
- Develop policies and procedures as needed for administering programs
- Ensure timely completion of major projects (i.e. Annual Progress Reports, photos, and child correspondence)
- Represent Horizon before churches, civic groups, and so on as opportunity arises
- Advise Horizon President of any issues that need presidential attention
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to build and foster relationships
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively
*Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
Accepting resume's until Dec 16th, 2016. Interviews to be scheduled as soon as possible. Ideal start date right after New Years.
NO calls please.
To learn more about Horizon International, visit: http://www.horizoninternationalinc.com/